Committed to Local Charities
We believe our diners should contribute to our local communities which is why we often partner with local charities doing good works for a spectrum of causes. Here are some of the ways our diners have connected with local communities.
Black Bear Diner and artist, Ray Schulz, helped a family memorialize their fallen soldier, Staff Sergeant Jerry “Beaver” Bonifacio, Jr., by donating a life-sized combat beaver memorial sculpture.
The La Habra Children’s Museum, housed in a former train depot, seemed a perfect place for Ray Schulz’ custom-carved train sculpture. Black Bear Diner is proud to align with educational programming.
Donations/ Sponsorship Requests
One of the things that makes Black Bear Diner so special is our sense of community. If you’re looking for support for your organization, you can submit a donation request and we’ll try to get involved!
Things to Know Before Submitting Your Request
- We manage requests for some, but not all, of our diners. Before filling out the entire form, please verify that your diner is participating. There is a drop down of participating locations at the bottom of the form.
- Include as many details as possible about the donation and your organization.
- Request all information as early as possible.
- This program is based within the communities we’re in. Please verify there is a Black Bear Diner in your community before submitting.
- Requests are fulfilled on a first come, first serve basis. We do our best to help everyone, however we do have budgets.
- Please do not contact us about the status – a community relations coordinator will contact you via email with the outcome of your request.
- Because of the large volume of requests, monetary sponsorships are limited.
Our Favorite Ways to Donate
- Gift certificates and/or gift baskets for raffle prizes, silent auctions, and event prizes
- Bear mascot appearances
- Event sponsorships
- Sports team support
Dine and Donate Fundraisers
Invite, Eat, & Earn with a Black Bear Diner Fundraiser
Black Bear Diner has helped hundreds of organizations raise money through easy-to-plan fundraising nights. It’s simple — you invite guests to dine on a certain date and time, and we’ll donate a portion of sales back to your cause. *