Our Philanthropy Partner:National Park Foundation
As you might expect, Black Bear Diner absolutely loves the environment and everything it has to offer. That’s why we wholeheartedly support the National Park Foundation, an organization dedicated to protecting national parks across the United States. We invite you to join us in our effort to keep nature beautiful.
Support the National Park Foundation
As part of our partnership, we are offering National Park Foundation items in our gift shop and with each item purchased Black Bear Diner will Donate $1 to the foundation. Purchase a special NPF-themed coffee mug, water tumbler, or our popular bear-in-a-can and we will donate $1 per item to the NPF.
Our Local Charities
We believe our diners should contribute to our local communities which is why we often partner with local charities doing good works for a spectrum of causes. Here are some of the ways our diners have connected with local communities.
Black Bear Diner and artist, Ray Schulz, helped a family memorialize their fallen soldier, Staff Sergeant Jerry “Beaver” Bonifacio, Jr., by donating a life-sized combat beaver memorial sculpture.
The La Habra Children’s Museum, housed in a former train depot, seemed a perfect place for Ray Schulz’ custom-carved train sculpture. Black Bear Diner is proud to align with educational programming.
Make A Wish Partnership
Since 2008, Black Bear Diner has raised over $1 million to help grant children’s wishes through the Make-A-Wish Foundation. This altruistic organization grants thousands of wishes each year for children suffering from life-threatening conditions. These wish experiences often prove to be turning points in the children’s fight against illness. Check out their wonderful stories and become part of changing a child’s life.
Support Make A Wish
Black Bear Diner Donations
One of the things that makes Black Bear Diner so special is our sense of community. If you’re looking for support for your organization, you can submit a donation request and we’ll try to get involved!
Things to Know Before Submitting Your Request
- We manage requests for some, but not all, of our diners. Before filling out the entire form, please verify that your diner is participating. There is a drop down of participating locations at the bottom of the form.
- Include as many details as possible about the donation and your organization.
- Request all information as early as possible.
- This program is based within the communities we’re in. Please verify there is a Black Bear Diner in your community before submitting.
- Requests are fulfilled on a first come, first serve basis. We do our best to help everyone, however we do have budgets.
- Please do not contact us about the status – a community relations coordinator will contact you via email with the outcome of your request.
- Because of the large volume of requests, monetary sponsorships are limited. Black Bear Diner loves to donate our food and products in order to fulfill the most requests!
Our Favorite Ways to Donate
- Gift certificates and/or gift baskets for raffle prizes, silent auctions, and event prizes
- Bear mascot appearances
- Event sponsorships
- Sports team support
Bear Dine and Donate Fundraisers
Invite, Eat, & Earn with a Black Bear Diner Fundraiser
Black Bear Diner has helped hundreds of organizations raise money through easy-to-plan fundraising nights. It’s simple — you invite guests to dine on a certain date and time, and we’ll donate a portion of sales back to your cause. *